Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog for my KIN 330 class for fall semester at Berry College

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Bio


My name is Susan Rumble, and I was born on January 7, (a rainy Monday morning) in a small, charming, Victorian-esque southern town surrounded by plantations and is approximately ten miles from the Florida border.  I have two younger sisters, Katie and Holly.  I attended Brookwood School in Thomasville, where I was a Magna Cum Laude graduate.  During my childhood I enjoyed reading, riding horses, playing outside and attending town festivities.  I have ridden horses for 12 years and continue to ride.  As a young girl, I competed in many State Championship and Regional shows with my horses.  In 2007 I won 7th place at a national competition for Pony Club, and the following year I had an Internship at the Pony Club National Championships.

Once I came to Berry College, my attention did shift from horses to running and swimming.  I trained for the Berry College 10k in March, and am now training for a half marathon.  When I cam to Berry, I was set to become an equine veterinarian.  Once I got here though, I changed my major to Exercise Science.  I was able to volunteer in the training room the last semester of my freshman year and discovered the world of athletic training, which is now what I aim to pursue professionally.  The reasons why I want to be an athletic trainer is because I love helping athletes grow stronger and be able to compete at their best.  This year, I am a student worker in the Training Room and will be working directly with the running teams.  I am actively pursuing a degree in Exercise Science while working in both the training room and Athletics Department.  I also continue to ride horses, train for a half marathon, I am a Young Life Leader and attend West Rome Baptist Church.  

Some interesting things about me include that I have been through several hurricanes, an F-3 tornado as well as an earthquake.  I traveled to Europe in 2008, and went to 8 countries and 2 continents in two weeks.  I love animals, snorkeling, snowboarding and being with friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment